OpenCart is a widely known open-source online store management system that is simple to use and can handle various online stores from a single admin console.
OpenCart is a module-based framework that lets you easily expand the features according to your needs.
Integrating your OpenCart site with our Coinremitter plugin helps you to accept payments into cryptocurrencies. You can accept payments via Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and many other popular coins.
Check out the detailed installation guide below, which contains everything you need to know.
01. Integration Requirements
- In the Coinremitter integration process, users must have Opencart version 3.0+.
- If you do not have a Coinremitter account then make sure to make one, signup here.
03. Configuration of Plugin
- Go to admin panel left panel Extensions Extensions select 'payment' from "choose the extension type" selection.
- Search for 'Coinremitter' payment extension and then click on the edit button (pencil icon button) at the end of the same line to edit it.
- You'll find the Configuration options on that page.
- You will see the multiple options to fill, in the 'Edit Coinremitter' box.
- Extension status: Make sure that it is Enabled.
- Title: That will appear on the user’s checkout page.
- Description option: You can add a few notes to tell your customer some imp[ortant details before the customer takes any step while checkout.
- Exchange Rate: 1 is the default. It is a price multiplier.
- Let's say if you set it to 1.10, then cryptocurrency prices would increase by 10%. And for a 5% discount, you can adjust it to 0.95 in this box.
- Set Invoice Expiry: This is in a matter of minutes. So if you set the value 30 then the generated invoice will expire after 30 minutes.
- Order Status: If customers make a successful payment using cryptocurrency, the order status will convert.
04. Create a Wallet
Click on the Coinremitter menu on the left panel of the admin panel.
- Click on the “Add Wallet” button that you’ll find on the top right corner of the page.
- A new page will appear, where you'll see numerous options such as Coin, API key, Password.
- In the first option of a coin, choose your coin from which you want to add your crypto wallet.
- Now go to the website of Coinremitter and sign in to your account and get your API key from there. If you have any trouble getting your password and API key then click here to get the explanation.
- Move back to the Coinremitter page of Opencart and pick one of your Coins. Paste API key into the box and fill in the box with your Password.
- Click on the Save button, on the top right corner of the page.
05. How to Make Payment
If you have completed the above steps, you can now test your first order, using test coins.
06. To Check Order Details
- Go to the menu of your Admin Panel, and select Sales, the dropdown will open, then click on orders.
- Once you reached the Orders page, you’ll see your list of multiple orders. Choose from one of these orders. Please ensure that the order is paid using the payment option Coinremitter.
- Click on the view from one order and you'll be redirected to the display page of the order.
- Scroll down to the Order History. In the History tab, you can see the payment details in the comment column.
- There you go,
- You are all set to receive cryptocurrency payment on your opencart website.
- Do not forget to delete the Test Coin wallet from your admin panel and install another coin wallet other than the test coin.